Cultural Healing and Life

• Administrators

Natural Farming Inputs

:appearing-rainbow-smiley-emoticon:

The Natural Farming Method,

An introduction to Natural Farming & IMO's

large.58eceaaae020b_NF-01.jpg.d9ef04432fac0bded237b07eef7bc1a9.jpg

Click for a song by Ronnie Davis that sums up Korean/Natural Farming.

Returning to Eden, Garden Earth

Natural Farming is merely a process of intelligent design that enables the farmer to co-exist in harmony in a natural ecosystem that nature has developed.  Modern farming for all its benefits has costs that are hard to pay and as time progresses with crop after crop slowly the modern farm degrades in quality and increases in depth and variety of costs in terms of toxic soils to polluted waters and increased algae blooms due to fertilizer run off to high water needs and other operating financial costs associated with modern farming practices. 

• To me, modern farming is the "addiction industry" of farming as it entices and then traps farmers into corporate methods and financial schemes.  Like any addiction, it is not so simple to change.

These methods are in part a direct answer to some of the issues of modern farming.  Natural Farming practices overtime will heal the land from increasing fertility and healing toxic soils.  Natural Farming begins to effectively address our damage to the planet by starting literally from the ground up with freedom from corporations and controlling operating schemes. 

It is with much respect that I introduce to you not only this concept but some of the true fathers of Natural Farming methods.  I hope you see the value in this as it is far more than just farming and the growing of produce.    ~Admin                                          

An introduction by Chris Trump

Chris Trump is an in inspiration in natural farming and we will utilize more of his teachings and videos in a separate IMO posting.

The Father's of Natural Farming

More information at the end of this document

large.58eceaacbbe70_NF-03.jpg.cc319029c8863cfd842f18287bfffd65.jpg

“The One-Straw Revolution”

https://onestrawrevolution.net/

large.831070403_MasanobuFukuoka.png.9986818c058dd97501e99e8f1176adac.png

Masanobu Fukuoka (1913-2008)

large.58eceaad885fd_NF-04.jpg.c0c8752a6455f39e28700a342cb1fe04.jpg

Cho Han Kyu, click for bio & site

Wiki - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_natural_farming

Comprehensive study and analysis of Indigenous Micro Organisms (IMO).

Drake Drake - University Scientific Analysis of Natural Farming - University of Hawai'i Researcher Dr. Koon-Hui Wang has done a comprehensive study and analysis of Indigenous Micro Organisms (IMO). 

Introduction to Natural Farming by Drake, one of my favorite video sets.

• This is a long series that is well worth the time.  The amount of knowledge from experience in this series is of the highest value.

Part 2 with Drake

large.58eceaaf0f0b7_NF-06.jpg.b8c3dfbdbf0d594bde7ea26d6b05527f.jpg

Click above pic for slideshow site to learn about sacred geometry.

large.58eceab05f42c_NF-08.jpg.707473463c409f8f3fd8e4dd62e7573a.jpg     large.58eceaaf9b085_NF-07.gif.90921447bb

Branch geometry

Part 3 with Drake

Part 4 with Drake - Medicinal fermentation aspects discussed as well.

Part 5 with Drake

Part 6 with Drake

Part 7 with Drake

Part 8 with Drake

Part 9 with Drake - Final in series.

AGF-l78Qy5wi-NzlGx1g5UMsnOX7DoJFX-ei1IODPureKNF Drake

CGNF Certified Instructors

large.58eceab1392c7_NF-09.jpg.0f48aa5e32d6f5db46007f76a9ee66e4.jpg

• Click the picture for Drakes recipes for Natural Farming inputs

:books:

PDF - Use of Korean Natural Farming for Vegetable Crop Production in Hawai‘i

large.58eceab3aec92_NF-12.jpg.6428bd903a90f07bf98abbc4f866e8a0.jpg

Plant Nutrition and plant life cycle, Natural Farming Hawaii.net

large.58eceab2ed4e2_NF-11.jpg.5c72a720ba29941f4d16aa26898babec.jpg

Click for PDF book on Natural Farming by Rohini Reddy

Publications

small.58eceab526264_NF-14.jpg.ef1e9e53e2be359584197892bd4479f9.jpg

Master Cho's Recipe & Instructions, click.

Natural Farming by Han-Kyu Cho: Philosophy

AGF-l78Qy5wi-NzlGx1g5UMsnOX7DoJFX-ei1IODPureKNF Drake

large.58eceab5e55a7_NF-15.jpg.5c2c233b0e

History of Korean Natural  and Natural Farming method.

Master Cho - Started the Korean Natural Farming method

To me, this man should receive one of the highest honors an agriculture person can obtain.  He is a hero to me.  It is with great pleasure that I introduce to you Master Cho and Korean Natural Farming.  If this is not new to you I recommend the post labeled IMO recipes and instructions.

large.58eceab526264_NF-14.jpg.21a2164de6590495033064551049cd4e.jpg

Master Cho

Cho's Global Natural Farming SARRA India

Cho Han Kyu, or Cho Han-kyu, born in 1935 in Suwon, Gyeonggi Province, Korea, invented the Korean Natural Farming method. Cho completesd high school education at the age of twenty-nine, while he worked on his family's farm. In 1965, he went to Japan as an agriculture research student for three years, and studied the natural farming method of three teachers: Miyozo Yamagishi (Japanese: 山岸 巳代蔵), Kinshi Shibata (柴田 欣志) and Yasushi Oinoue (大井上 康). [3]

Upon his return to Korea, Cho combined his newly acquired knowledge with the Korean traditional farming method and fermentation methods, used in such Korean food such as Kimchi, and gradually invented what we now call Korean Natural Farming, putting it into practice by setting up a "Labor-Saving Abundant Harvesting Study Group" in 1966. As he gained more practice, he opened the Natural Farming Life School and Research Farm in Goesan County, North Chungcheong Province, in 1995. [4]

Cho's international activities had started early by means of his contribution to the magazines and seminars aboroad. From 1992, he contributed 21-part articles in the "Modern Agriculture" magazine (Japanese: 現代農業) published in Japan, and, in 1995, held a large-scale one-week seminar in Japan for the leaders of the all-powerful Central Association of the Agriculrural Cooperatives of Japan (農業協同組合中央会). Cho, together his son, Cho Yongsang, has since held seminars in various countries of Africa, Asia, the Americas, and Europe. [5][6] As of 2014, they have trained over 18,000 people at the Janong Natural Farming Institute. Hoon Park brought KNF to Hawaii from South Korea where, as a missionary, he noticed KNF commercial piggeries with virtually no odor.[2]

In 2008, he renamed his natural farming school and lab to "Cho Han-kyu Global Village Natural Farming Research Institute", or Janon Natural Farming Institute.

The fundamental insight of KNF is to strengthen the biological functions of every aspect of plant growth to increase productivity and nutrition. Biology thereby reduces or eliminates the need for chemical interventions, whether to protect against predation and competition with other plants. For example, IMO metabolism produces complete proteins, while insects prefer incomplete proteins.

KNF avoids the use of waste products such as manure, which reduces the chance of transferring pathogens from the waste back into the food production chain, although in nitrogen-poor conditions adding manure can increase yield.[7][8]

• Use the nutrients contained within the seeds
  • Use indigenous microorganisms (IMO’s)
  • Maximize inborn potential with fewer inputs
  • Avoid commercial fertilizers
  • Avoid tilling
  • No use of livestock waste

Masanobu Fukuoka

large.58eceab7b046d_NF-17.jpg.8d0d0427f70baced6a2275b8535c41fd.jpg

Masanobu Fukuoka

Masanobu Fukuoka (1913-2008) was a farmer and philosopher who was born and raised on the Japanese island of Shikoku. He studied plant pathology and spent several years working as a customs inspector in Yokohama.  While working there, at the age of 25, he had an inspiration that changed his life.  He decided to quit his job, return to his home village and put his ideas into practice by applying them to agriculture.

Over the next 65 years he worked to develop a system of natural farming that demonstrated the insight he was given as a young man, believing that it could be of great benefit to the world.  He did not plow his fields, used no agricultural chemicals or prepared fertilizers, did not flood his rice fields as farmers have done in Asia for centuries, and yet his yields equaled or surpassed the most productive farms in Japan.

In 1975 he wrote The One-Straw Revolution, a best-selling book that described his life’s journey, his philosophy, and farming techniques.  This book has been translated into more than 25 languages and has helped make Mr. Fukuoka a leader in the worldwide sustainable agriculture movement.  He continued farming until shortly before his death in 2008, at the age of 95.

large.831070403_MasanobuFukuoka.png.9986818c058dd97501e99e8f1176adac.png

After The One-Straw Revolution was published in English, Mr. Fukuoka traveled to Africa, India, Southeast Asia, Europe and the United States.  His interest turned to rehabilitating the deserts of the world using his natural farming techniques. This work is described in detail in Sowing Seeds In The Desert (2012).  Mr. Fukuoka is also the author of The Natural Way of Farming and The Road Back to Nature.  In 1988 he received the Magsaysay Award, often referred to as the “Nobel of Asia,” for Public Service.

Natural Farming with Masanobu Fukuoka

Making Seed Balls

large.58eceab887428_NF-18.jpg.2d94633fca

Masanobu Fukuoka (1913-2008)

Thank you for your work and contribution to humanity it is with admiration and respect I offer with my heartfelt thank you. ~JJ the Gardener

Ronnie Davis - I chose this song as the perspective as if Ronnie is the earth and wants to go back to nature or home.  R.I.P. Ronnie Davis and thank you.

large.58da54cb0de00_treeimagepattern.jpg.76929e9e5619fa6205a3daa9522f9faf.jpg

The right to food and relief from hunger is a necessary step to true freedom.

Natural Farming Inputs

large_owl.jpg.31767f0b8aeda0406cb2b2aba9097c81.jpg

A proud Cultural Healing and Life compilation. ~JJ  the Gardener